Add your own recipe notes
You must be a member to use this feature
- 200 g chicken breast (อกไก่) cut into bite-size cubes
- 1/2 cup ginger (ขิง) thinly julienned
- 1/2 cup black ear fungus (เห็ดหูหนู)
- 1/2 cup fresh banana chili (phrik yuak) (พริกหยวก) cut into long, thin strips
- 1/3 cup dried red long chili (phrik chee fa) (พริกชี้ฟ้าแห้ง) cut into 2 cm (0.8″) pieces
- 1 tablespoon Thai garlic (กระเทียมไทย) crushed and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons neutral tasting cooking oil (น้ำมันพืช)
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce (ซีอิ๊วขาว)
- 1 tablespoon fermented soybean paste (tao chiao)(เต้าเจี้ยว) tao chiao
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper (พริกไทยป่น)
- pinch granulated sugar (น้ำตาลทราย)
- pinch sea salt (เกลือทะเล)
- 1/3 cup water or stock (น้ำเปล่าหรือน้ำสต๊อก)
- Mix all the seasoning ingredients; set aside.
- Place a well-seasoned wok over medium-high heat. When the wok is hot, pour in the oil followed by the garlic.
- Stir fry quickly until fragrant; do not allow the garlic to brown.
- Add the chicken breast meat; quickly stir fry until the chicken color has changed, then add the ginger and continue stir frying until the chicken is almost thoroughly cooked.
- Sprinkle some water to deglaze the wok and create steam, and then add the black ear mushrooms and the fresh and the dry chilies.
- Continue stir frying for a few more seconds before adding the seasoning sauce, then stir fry until the chicken is well done.