This Content is Locked
Join Today to unlock the content!
The garlic is peeled and sliced lengthwise along the growth axis of the plant, into thin slices. It is important to slice them to a uniform thickness so they will fry equally.
It is critical to start frying with cold oil, in order to warm the moisture trapped in the garlic and allow it to evaporate before the sugars caramelize and brown. Thus, low heat and consistent stirring are crucial in achieving light golden and crispy fried garlic without compromising their flavor.
How to make crispy fried garlic (วิธีทำกระเทียมเจียว ; grathiiam jiaao)
Add your own recipe notes
Add to CollectionGo to Collections
You must be a member to use this feature
- Chinese garlic (กระเทียมจีน) peeled and sliced thinly
- neutral tasting cooking oil (น้ำมันพืช) or
- pork lard (น้ำมันหมู)
- To a cold wok, add the sliced garlic, cover with cold oil, and turn the heat to medium-low.
- Stir the garlic constantly in one direction only until they are very light golden in color. The garlic will develop a deeper color as it cool.
- Strain the oil and immediately spread the garlic on a paper towel, this will allow the garlic to cool down before it absorbs any moisture from the air.