This Content is Locked
Join Today to unlock the content!
Fish scales are mainly composed of calcium carbonate, bone-like hydroxyapatite, and collagen. When collected, washed, and dried, they can be stored indefinitely. They can be used fried as a crunchy element for fish laap dishes or as a new crispy ingredient in your creative cooking.
How to prepare dried fish scales วิธีการเตรียมเกล็ดปลาแห้ง
Add your own recipe notes
Add to CollectionGo to Collections
You must be a member to use this feature
- fish scales (เกล็ดปลา)
- 5% white vinegar (น้ําส้มสายชู)
- Collect the fish scales from one type of fish. For example, freshwater tilapia or saltwater snapper fish are good sources. Do not mix scales from different fish species.
- Rinse under running water.
- Soak the scales in 5% white vinegar for 2-3 days, which will help acid cook any tissue that remains attached to the scales.
- After soaking in vinegar, wash the scales thoroughly, ensuring that all organic material has been completely removed.
- Allow to dry completely before storing.