Stir Fried Chicken with Ginger and Black Fongus Recipe[br](ไก่ผัดขิง ; gai pat king)
Recipe Type: Main
- 200 gr chicken breast, cut into bite-size cubes
- 1/2 cup fresh ginger, thinly julienned
- 1/2 cup fresh black ear mushrooms
- 1/2 cup fresh banana chilies, cut into long, thin strips
- 1/3 cup large dry chilies, cut into 2 cm (0.8″) pieces
- 1 tablespoon garlic, crushed and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons natural taste oil
- Season with:
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fermented soybean paste ([i]tao chiao[/i])
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- pinch of sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup stock or water
- Mix all the seasoning ingredients; set aside.
- Place a well-seasoned wok over medium-high heat. When the wok is hot, pour in the oil followed by the garlic.
- Stir fry quickly until fragrant; do not allow the garlic to brown.
- Add the chicken breast meat; quickly stir fry until the chicken color has changed, then add the ginger and continue stir frying until the chicken is almost thoroughly cooked.
- Sprinkle some water to deglaze the wok and create steam, and then add the black ear mushrooms and the fresh and the dry chilies.
- Continue stir frying for a few more seconds before adding the seasoning sauce, then stir fry until the chicken is well done.
Get Access – Join Thaifoodmaster Today
Practical and kitchen-tested recipes with a mix of theory, history, psychology, and Siamese culture tidbits.
Access to Thaifoodmaster’s constantly growing library of prime professional classes, articles, recipes and videos on Siamese culinary topics, available nowhere else in English.
Gain access to NEW MONTHLY masterclasses as they become available.
1-1 support from Hanuman to help you achieve your professional Thai culinary goals
The opportunity to join a monthly live two-hour videoconference where I can answer your questions.
one year access for the price of 3 days in-person training.
You will get everything you need to:
When you design or build a new menu for an event or restaurant or even prepare for dinner with friends.
Master your Thai cooking skills and expand your repertoire.