Stir Fried Chicken with Ginger and Black Fongus Recipe[br](ไก่ผัดขิง ; gai pat king)
Recipe Type: Main
- 200 gr chicken breast, cut into bite-size cubes
- 1/2 cup fresh ginger, thinly julienned
- 1/2 cup fresh black ear mushrooms
- 1/2 cup fresh banana chilies, cut into long, thin strips
- 1/3 cup large dry chilies, cut into 2 cm (0.8″) pieces
- 1 tablespoon garlic, crushed and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons natural taste oil
- Season with:
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fermented soybean paste ([i]tao chiao[/i])
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- pinch of sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup stock or water
- Mix all the seasoning ingredients; set aside.
- Place a well-seasoned wok over medium-high heat. When the wok is hot, pour in the oil followed by the garlic.
- Stir fry quickly until fragrant; do not allow the garlic to brown.
- Add the chicken breast meat; quickly stir fry until the chicken color has changed, then add the ginger and continue stir frying until the chicken is almost thoroughly cooked.
- Sprinkle some water to deglaze the wok and create steam, and then add the black ear mushrooms and the fresh and the dry chilies.
- Continue stir frying for a few more seconds before adding the seasoning sauce, then stir fry until the chicken is well done.