สมัครสมาชิก เพื่ออ่านเพิ่มเติม. ลืมรหัสผ่าน?
Fermented soybean paste comes in a range of varieties and qualities that differ in color and consistency. The dark-colored variety, which is not too watery, is suitable for chili relish. You can also use Japanese miso. Tune the viscosity of the relish by adding dried shrimp pounded into powder; as fermented soybean paste tends to be watery and salty, you may need to use more dried shrimp than in the basic relish. As well, additional salt seasoning may not be necessary.
- Grilled eggplant,
- Fresh vegetables,
- Fried grilled catfish or snakehead fish (whole fish or a slice),
- Deep-fried fluffy catfish or snakehead fish (ปลาดุกหรือปลาช่อนทอดฟู).
1. Siamese Chili Relishes – The Professional Chef’s Guide
2. How to prepare the basic fermented shrimp paste chili relish (น้ำพริกกะปิมาตรฐาน)
Add your own recipe notes
You must be a member to use this feature
- 1 1/2 tablespoons black fermented soybean paste (tao chiao dam)(เต้าเจี้ยวดำ)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Thai garlic (กระเทียมไทย)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon dried shrimp pounded to powder (กุ้งแห้งป่น)
- 4 pieces fresh bird’s eye chili (kee noo suan) (พริกขี้หนูสวนสด) sliced thinly, crosswise
- 1 tablespoon three colors of chilies – red, green, yellow and chilies (พริกสามสี) sliced thinly, crosswise
- 1/4 teaspoon fish sauce (น้ำปลา)
- 1 3/4 tablespoons palm sugar (น้ำตาลมะพร้าว)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (น้ำมะนาว)
- madan (sour cucumber, มะดัน)(garcinia schomburgkiana) thinly sliced
- hairy-fruited eggplant (maeuk) (มะอึก) diced into small pieces
- salacca (สละ หรือ ระกำ) thinly sliced
- bitter orange (som.saa)(ส้มซ่า) diced into small pieces
- green mandarin orange (ส้มเหม็น) diced into small pieces
- grilled long eggplant (มะเขือยาวย่าง)
- fresh vegetables (ผักสด)
- fluffy deep-fried grilled catfish (ปลาดุกฟู)
- grilled catfish (ปลาดุกย่าง)
- Using fermented soybean paste instead of kapi, follow the ratios, procedure and seasoning of a basic chili relish.
Get Access – Join Thaifoodmaster Today
Practical and kitchen-tested recipes with a mix of theory, history, psychology, and Siamese culture tidbits.
Access to Thaifoodmaster’s constantly growing library of prime professional classes, articles, recipes and videos on Siamese culinary topics, available nowhere else in English.
Gain access to NEW MONTHLY masterclasses as they become available.
1-1 support from Hanuman to help you achieve your professional Thai culinary goals
The opportunity to join a monthly live two-hour videoconference where I can answer your questions.
one year access for the price of 3 days in-person training.
You will get everything you need to:
When you design or build a new menu for an event or restaurant or even prepare for dinner with friends.
Master your Thai cooking skills and expand your repertoire.