สมัครสมาชิก เพื่ออ่านเพิ่มเติม. ลืมรหัสผ่าน?
Using salted Chinese black olives instead of kapi, follow the ratios, procedure and seasoning of a basic chili relish. That is, start by pounding dried shrimp and salt and when they fluff up, add garlic and salted Chinese black olives. Season using fish sauce, palm sugar and lime juice.
The relish can be served as is, or further fried in pork lard with the addition of pork fat cracklings (กากหมู) to enhance its richness and preserve it for a longer period.
Add to the relish (any or all):
- Hairy-fruited eggplant (มะอึก), diced into small pieces,
- Madan (sour cucumber, มะดัน) (garcinia schomburgkiana), sliced thinly,
- Green mandarin orange (ส้มเหม็น), diced into small pieces,
- Yellow, red or green long chilies.
- Fresh vegetables,
- Fried steamed mackerel,
- Fried grilled catfish (whole fish or a slice),
- Sweet pork condiment.
1. Siamese Chili Relishes – The Professional Chef’s Guide
2. How to prepare the basic fermented shrimp paste chili relish (น้ำพริกกะปิมาตรฐาน)
Add your own recipe notes
You must be a member to use this feature
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Salted Chinese black olive (หนำเลี้ยบ)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Thai garlic (กระเทียมไทย)
- 1/2 tablespoon dried shrimp pounded to powder (กุ้งแห้งป่น)
- 4 pieces fresh bird’s eye chili (kee noo suan) (พริกขี้หนูสวนสด) sliced thinly, crosswise
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh red long chili (phrik chee fa) (พริกชี้ฟ้าแดง) sliced thinly, crosswise
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh yellow chili (phrik leuang) (พริกเหลือง) sliced thinly, crosswise
- fish sauce (น้ำปลา) if needed
- 1 3/4 tablespoons palm sugar (น้ำตาลมะพร้าว)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (น้ำมะนาว)
- pork fat cracklings (กากหมู)
- pork lard (น้ำมันหมู) for frying
- madan (sour cucumber, มะดัน)(garcinia schomburgkiana) sliced thinly
- hairy-fruited eggplant (maeuk) (มะอึก) diced into small pieces
- salacca (สละ หรือ ระกำ) sliced thinly
- green mandarin orange (ส้มเหม็น) diced into small pieces
- bitter orange (som.saa)(ส้มซ่า) diced into small pieces
- fresh vegetables (ผักสด)
- fried steamed mackerel (ปลาทูนึ่งและทอด)
- grilled catfish (ปลาดุกย่าง)
- Using salted Chinese black olives instead of kapi, follow the ratios, procedure and seasoning of a basic chili relish.
- Optional – further fry in pork lard with the addition of pork fat cracklings (กากหมู)
Get Access – Join Thaifoodmaster Today
Practical and kitchen-tested recipes with a mix of theory, history, psychology, and Siamese culture tidbits.
Access to Thaifoodmaster’s constantly growing library of prime professional classes, articles, recipes and videos on Siamese culinary topics, available nowhere else in English.
Gain access to NEW MONTHLY masterclasses as they become available.
1-1 support from Hanuman to help you achieve your professional Thai culinary goals
The opportunity to join a monthly live two-hour videoconference where I can answer your questions.
one year access for the price of 3 days in-person training.
You will get everything you need to:
When you design or build a new menu for an event or restaurant or even prepare for dinner with friends.
Master your Thai cooking skills and expand your repertoire.