สมัครสมาชิก เพื่ออ่านเพิ่มเติม. ลืมรหัสผ่าน?
This relish is based on the basic chili relish recipe, except that only green chilies are used to complement the lavish herbaceous qualities of the coriander leaves pounded into the relish. Moreover, sweet and sour fruity ingredients are omitted so as not to mask the distinctive herbaceous-waxy taste of coriander.
- Fresh or steamed vegetables,
- Fried steamed mackerel.
1. Siamese Chili Relishes – The Professional Chef’s Guide
2. How to prepare the basic fermented shrimp paste chili relish (น้ำพริกกะปิมาตรฐาน)
Add your own recipe notes
You must be a member to use this feature
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves (ใบผักชี)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fermented shrimp paste (kapi)(กะปิย่างไฟ) grilled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Thai garlic (กระเทียมไทย)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (เกลือทะเล)
- 1/2 tablespoon dried shrimp pounded to powder (กุ้งแห้งป่น)
- 4 pieces fresh bird’s eye chili (kee noo suan) (พริกขี้หนูสวนสด) green only
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce (น้ำปลา)
- 1 3/4 tablespoons palm sugar (น้ำตาลมะพร้าว)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (น้ำมะนาว)
- fresh vegetables (ผักสด)
- steamed vegetables (ผักหนึ่ง)
- fried steamed mackerel (ปลาทูนึ่งและทอด)
- Measure the amount of fermented shrimp paste (kapi), garlic and palm sugar following the ratios of a basic chili relish recipe (น้ำพริกกะปิมาตรฐาน). Arrange the ingredients next to each other so you can visualize their proportions.
- Begin preparing the relish in a mortar and pestle in the same way you would a basic chili relish – start by pounding the garlic with the coriander leaves before adding the kapi and dried shrimp powder.
- Taste and season with salt and fish sauce. Once you are satisfied with the saltiness of the relish, add the palm sugar at the ratio indicated. Season to a sweet-salty flavor profile.
- Season to a sour leading flavor profile using lime juice.
- Add the fresh green chilies. Bruise them using the pestle to release the desired spiciness.
Get Access – Join Thaifoodmaster Today
Practical and kitchen-tested recipes with a mix of theory, history, psychology, and Siamese culture tidbits.
Access to Thaifoodmaster’s constantly growing library of prime professional classes, articles, recipes and videos on Siamese culinary topics, available nowhere else in English.
Gain access to NEW MONTHLY masterclasses as they become available.
1-1 support from Hanuman to help you achieve your professional Thai culinary goals
The opportunity to join a monthly live two-hour videoconference where I can answer your questions.
one year access for the price of 3 days in-person training.
You will get everything you need to:
When you design or build a new menu for an event or restaurant or even prepare for dinner with friends.
Master your Thai cooking skills and expand your repertoire.