This page is also available in: Thai
Goon chiang is a type of Chinese sausage that is is available at Chinese communities worldwide. It is usually made with pork meat and hard pork fat and seasoned with sugar, salt, pepper, garlic and Chinese spices, together with some Chinese liquor for extra flavor.
This salad is quick and easy to make. The dish enjoys carnival of colors and defined flavors that stand in line to tease your palate; Sour, Salty, Hot and a feathery touch of Sweet. They are all ready to play in this less than 10 minutes preparations.
The dressing is made with equal parts of lime juice and fish sauce, pinch of sugar and chilies as much as you dare. Mix just before serving. It goes well with a plate of hot white rice and crispy Thai omelette.
Thai Salad of Chinese Sausage with Tomatoes and Cucumbers Recipe
- 1 Chinese Sausage (approximately 50gr)
- 1 large tomato
- 1 small Spanish onion
- 1 small cucumber
- coriander or Chinese celery leaves for garnish
For the dressing
- 1 1/2 tbs lime juice
- 1 1/2 tbs fish sauce
- Pinch of sugar
- 3-7 Bird’s eye chilies
- Thinly slice cucumbers and onions. Cut the tomato into eight wedges.
- Slice sausages diagonally
- In a wok, on low heat, roast the sausage slices until transparent and slightly charred, mix constantly to prevent burning.
- Prepare the dressing by crushing the chilies in a pestle and mortar and mixing with lime juice, fish sauce and sugar.
- Just before serving, toss all the ingredients together and garnish with coriander or Chinese celery leaves